Solar panels are exposed for all kind of dirt, and thus the cleaning of the solar panel becomes one of the crucial parts of its maintenance to get an uninterrupted power supply. Here in this article, we will discuss the way of cleaning the panels and the other important information to keep in mind while cleaning solar panels.
Why do we need to clean the solar panel?
One may ask why it is even important to take the stress of cleaning the solar panels. The answer is solar panels are exposed in an open area. As a result, it welcomes all the dirt, pollutants, pollens, and bird droppings easily. If those are not cleaned properly the panels lose its effectivity of producing power. So yes, it is very important to clean the solar panels in periodic gaps. However, Best Solar Panels in the market need very little maintenance, so, if you want to cut that part out, you should go for quality solar panels.
The Basic Information Regarding Solar Panels Cleaning
- Go through the manuals of your solar panel manufacturer. If the company asks for some specific process one must follow that for the longevity of the panels.
- It is always better to choose a cloudy or colder day or early morning or evening time to clean the panel as the panels become too hot in sunrays.
- Try to avoid any metal equipment to clean the panels, as it can make scratches on it and the panels can be damaged. A bucket or spray bottle with warm water and soap works best to clean it. Use soft cloth or sponge to clean it properly. Apart from that, a garden hose can do a great job to clean it more thoroughly.
- Always remember to clean the surface of the solar panel only, and do not try to clean the underneath wiring.
- Brush off the loose dirt first and then add water or soap water for perfect cleaning.
- Don’t use any chemical cleaning product as it may end up damaging the panels.
- At times oily stains can be visible on the panels, depending on the area one is residing. If one lives by the airport area or in a place where too many vehicles pass each day, the oily stains can appear. To clean that one can use sopropyl alcohol.
While taking up the cleaning process, one must be very conscious to avoid accidents like skin burn due to its extreme heat. If the panels are situated into a terrace or in a place where it is very risky to go and clean it, prefer to avoid the cleaning by himself and get help from the professional solar panel cleaning services.